Los Angeles's longest running art show is back for 2022 with the highly-anticipated return of DIVERSEartLA! (JANUARY 19 – 23, 2022) With a show that will focus on the environment, curated by Marisa Caichiolo. The LA Art Show and DIVERSEartLA showcase will bring awareness to climate change in 2022, in addition to creating discussions around Earth's past, present and future. Partnering with Science and Environmental Museums they will create an experience of the world as the planet gets warmer.
Immersive Experience Presented by Museum of Nature of Cantabria, Spain, Done in Antarctica by Andrea Juan and Gabriel Penedo Diego
“DIVERSEartLA 2022 will encourage visitors to confront the complex challenges of our global climate crisis and imagine potential solutions. This topic is at the heart of a growing number of art narratives, including exhibitions built with high-tech innovations, designed to inspire artistic appreciation and the desire to respond to environmental challenges, reinforcing the value of translating environmental advocacy into art.” - Marisa Caichiolo
The programming will consist of 8 projects:
"● Dox Contemporary-Prague, the Czech Center New York, and Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Los Angeles present “THE SIGN,” a site specific installation by Swen Leer.
● MUSA, Museum of the Arts of the University of Guadalajara, and MCA Museum of
Environmental Science present “THE OTHER WATERFALL & CHAPALA ALSO DROPS ITSELF” by Claudia Rodriguez.
● MUMBAT Museum of Fine Arts of Tandil and the Museum of Nature and Science Antonio
Serrano of Entre Rios Argentina present “THE EARTH’S FRUITS” by Guillermo Anselmo Vezzosi curated by Indiana Gnocchini.
● The Museum of Nature of Cantabria Spain contributes with “Our turn to change” by Andrea Juan and Gabriel Penedo Diego, a video-installation.
● “Recognizing Skid Row As A Neighborhood: Skid Row Cooling Resources,” curated by Tom Grode.
● TAM Torrance Art Museum presents “Memorial to the Future,” a collaborative art work concerning Climate Change 2022, curated by Max Presneill.
● The Environmental Digital Experience by A.Ordoñez delivered by Raubtier Productions & Unicus and curated by Marisa Caichiolo.
The LA Art show is one of the most diverse art shows in the country. In recent years LA has become a hot spot for the arts, and the LA Art Show is leading the way in inclusion and diversity for art representation. The LA Art Show is a international art experience like no other, with various exhibitions of visual and performing artists and works.
JANUARY 19 – 23, 2022
LA CONVENTION CENTER